Monday, April 18, 2011

When All Your Hopes are Gone

Nowadays, wedding preparations seems so mind-nubbing (aside from it's so pricey) because you need to make decisions that are (1) approved by you and your fiance (2) pleasing to the thoughts of both parents (3) will be appreciated by the guests and other restrictions set by this society.

Aside from my very supportive fiance, I have this support group that keeps me smiling while in the midst of preparing for our Big Event. These are my beloved GIRLTALKERS!!!

When our wedding date was initially set for May 13, 2011, I started lurking in the famous Engagement and Weddings board of Female Network.  At first, I was a bit shy to post and just fished for different ideas from the creative juices of the brides-to-be.  It was around November 2010 when I decided to make my very first post about being a Summer Bride (as I thought I am to be one :-) ).

There I get to meet first sis Kaice who will get married on May 14, the day after mine.  We became constant chatmates while we both prepare for our own wedding day.  Then came the changes in our plans.  I became a bit disappointed and frustrated about the said changes.  But that doesn't keep me from lurking over Girltalk.  Thus, it made me a more active member and gained new friends while my fiance and I prepare for a much bigger event than the earlier plans.

Every month, we move to a new house/thread. I gained few more friends like sisses (bff) tripleS, princessrio, chrislovestintin, kendicute, riality and nihra in addition to kaice.  Then came dashpink, serendipity, kate campos (w@s bride and a close friend with bff tripleS and me), babsbrida, xadie, carmichael, mafiapenguin and many more to mention (forgive me sisses if I failed to mention everyone, please see the pictures below to represent all of you).  

Thru good times and bad times, thru on and off topic, thru everything, we can talk about. It’s like a sorority to me. It’s like a college org for me. It’s like a family.   We already had 2 grand meet-ups. And it never stops here. We decided to continue being friends even after we became MRS. already!

The first meetup was held at the Megamall Bridal Fair last February 19.  It was short since almost everyone of us had to go to meet another supplier or run for some errands that day.  I had my trial make-up also but I didn’t like it. Haha! No more reviews for that part. 

The First Grand Meet-Up at SM Megamall Bridal Fair last February 19, 2011.

With tripleS, carmichael, kate campos (owner - Wattabox Photobooth) and Mac Fernandez).

The 2nd Grand Meet-up and Bridal Shower for 2011 @Burger King E.Rodriguez, organized by sis Kaice and hosted by sis Carmichael.




'Till our next meeting, sisses! I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. aww. tats naman ako dun sis. but true, our GT group has been a support group, sorority, and family na. A toast to 2011 GT Brides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha? hindi kaya yun ang first post mo..baka yun ang first thread na ginawa mo. hehe.. seriously, i'm thanking the Lord na nakilala ko kayo. i'm sure hindi matatapos sa weddings itong samahan na ito. i'm forever grateful sa inyong lahat.

    ReplyDelete